In addition to the Times Union, our NewsBank subscription for East Greenbush/Schodack resident cardholders includes America’s News. This resource includes local papers from all over the country, including the following papers of local interest: Troy Record, Post Standard (Syracuse), Observer-Dispatch (Utica), and the New York Post. Where available, you can select the image version to view text and images in their original layout. America’s News includes several popular magazines, including NewsWeek, Field and Stream, The Atlantic, Parenting, and more! Find these options in the menu on the right side of the page:
The Troy Record can be found in the USA section.
America’s News also aggregates articles by topic for easy research:
Select any subject to get started. Ready to try it out for yourself? If you are on a device connected to the library’s network, clicking the links above will take you directly to the unlocked website. If you are not in the library, you will be prompted for your library barcode number. Enter the whole number with no spaces. If your card is rejected, there could be a few reasons:
- There is a space somewhere in the number entered. Solution: try entering the number again.
- Your library card has expired. Solution: contact us to renew your card.
- Your library card is no longer in good standing (too many fines/fees/overdue items). Solution: login to your account and pay any fines/fees accrued. Then try again.
- You are not a resident of East Greenbush/Schodack. Solution: contact the library where you pay taxes and request Consumer Reports access.
- You are a resident, but to do not have a resident card. Solution: contact us to prove residency and we will issue a new resident card at no charge.
Got questions? Want to let us know what you think of the service? Please let us know in the comments.