If you’re interested in genealogy, you may already be aware that you have access to Ancestry through the library and have visited other resources on our genealogy page. Now there is a new resource available to East Greenbush/Schodack cardholders called Heritage Hub. This collection contains obituaries in the U.S. going back to 1704 to help you trace your family lines.
If you are on a device connected to the library’s network, clicking the link above will take you directly to the unlocked website. If you are not in the library, you will be prompted for your library barcode number. Enter the whole number with no spaces. If your card is rejected, there could be a few reasons:
- There is a space somewhere in the number entered. Solution: try entering the number again.
- Your library card has expired. Solution: contact us to renew your card.
- Your library card is no longer in good standing (too many fines/fees/overdue items). Solution: login to your account and pay any fines/fees accrued. Then try again.
- You are not a resident of East Greenbush/Schodack. Solution: contact the library where you pay taxes and request Consumer Reports access.
- You are a resident, but to do not have a resident card. Solution: contact us to prove residency and we will issue a new resident card at no charge.
Got questions? Want to let us know what you think of the service? Please let us know in the comments.